Defensive lineman Maurice Ta‘ala of Faga‘itua High (Aua, American Samoa) told the Honolulu Star-Advertiser he has accepted a scholarship offer from the Warriors. Here’s the skinny:
> Familiar name? Ta‘ala’s older brother is nose tackle Blessman Ta‘ala, who has started all 19 games of his UH career.
> The elder Ta‘ala encouraged his brother to 1) first sign up for football, and 2) to join the Warriors. “I want to take the path my brother took,” Maurice Ta‘ala said.
> He said he is 6 feet 1 and 305 pounds.
> He played center, offensive tackle, running back and defensive tackle for the Vikings. He is projected to compete at nose tackle or 3-technique tackle for the Warriors.
> Faga‘itua played Kamehameha in August.
> In case you missed that game, check this out: Ta‘ala video
> He will sign on Dec. 18, the first day of the NCAA’s early-signing period for football prospects.
> The 2020 class:
• Ezra Evaimalo, linebacker, Kamehameha School
• Kilohana Haasenritter, receiver, Hilo HS
• Micah Soliai Howlett, offensive lineman, Kahuku HS
• Tamatoa Mokiao-Atimalala, receiver, Campbell HS
• Matthew Shipley, kicker, Liberty Hill
• Jake Tuatagaloa, offensive linemann, Mililani HS