During today’s news conference, Greg McMackin said:
• There will some personnel changes in the lineup, although he was not specific.
• He said the Warriors need to improve on the perimeter defense, pass protection and, although they were in the correct position in the defensive secondary against UNLV, they needed to make plays.
• Right guard David Lefotu will get playing time, although it was not announced if it would be as a starter.
• Defensive tackle Haku Correa won’t play this week.
• Offensive lineman Chauncy Winchester-Makainai isn’t expected to return this week.
• Acknowledged the Warriors were on the road too long. McMackin’s preference is not to play any more back-to-back road games; after that, he would prefer to return home between games. (The Warriors actually arrived in Las Vegas earlier than UNLV, which played the previous game against Washington State.)
* * * * *
With the 48-hour brooding period about to expire, the Warriors are focusing on Saturday’s opponent — UC Davis — and correcting the ills of the past Saturday’s loss to UNLV.
The day is filled with meetings and conditioning drills.
The UC Davis game plan will be introduced to the players tomorrow morning.
* * * * *
Liz Kauai has donated her ticket to the UH-UC Davis game this Saturday. It’s just ONE ticket, but it’s near midfield (in the upper section). If you wish to enter the drawing, please post: One snap and clear.
Avis will choose the winner.