To get it out of the way first,
Lipscomb has “voluntarily withdrawn from the volleyball program.”
Part of the hesitation on the part of Ah Mow-Santos Friday and Saturday to comment was she wanted to hear from compliance first. There are privacy issues involved in these sorts of things and she didn’t want to say something she shouldn’t. Not saying privacy issue was HIPA-related due to her injuries because I don’t know. just know that there were privacy issues.
the other thread said something about Lipscomb no longer being in school. As far as I know, she is still in classes and finishing out the semester. If players want to continue in college, they have to show progress towards a degree so withdrawing from school would erase the credits and put her a semester behind any place she would choose to transfer. Wouldn’t make sense.
Lipscomb will not be going over to beach, as WF suggested. My understanding is she is gone after the semester.
Misraje a different story, wanted to walk on for both, was injured. She is rehabbing this semester and will be beach-only in spring.
Also on the previous thread,
How many players leave in the middle of a season? This follows Emma Smith’s departure.
when it comes to the Wahine most recently, you had
Waber making a decision to transfer based on family reasons
Huff who decided to go strictly basketball
Not sure why Smith was brought up. She left after spring. Decision was based on her wanting to finish her degree in four years. She had been asked to redshirt this season. Didn’t want to
Isn’t seeing much time at Cal. 13 sets, 15 digs, 1 ace
Travel roster will be announced Tuesday. with 14 allowed to travel, my guess is that Burns, Okino and Gong stay home. but that’s just me.
as for the poll,
Florida No. 1 courtesy of former Nos. 1 and 2, Minnesota and Penn State losing.
2. Stanford. 3. Minnesota and Penn State. 5. Texas
Huge jump by Michigan State after its upset of Minnesota, unranked to No. 16
BYU stays at 9
UCLA drops to 13 from 11
Utah stays at 15
San Diego stays at 17
Cal Poly enough points for 27th
Baylor enough points for 31st.
in case you missed Sunday scores
1) Minnesota lost to 28 Michigan State, 25-18, 25-23, 25-22
3) Florida def. Arkansas 25-22, 21-25, 25-16, 23-25, 15-13
4) Stanford def. 25) Colorado 20-25, 25-13, 27-29, 29-27, 15-12
5) Wisconsin def. 20) Michigan 25-11, 30-28, 25-13
7) Washington def. Arizona State 22-25, 17-25, 25-17, 25-17, 15-10
10) Kentucky def. LSU 25-22, 25-16, 25-13
12) Kansas def. Kansas State 25-20, 21-25, 22-25, 25-15, 16-14
15) Creighton def. Villanova 25-20, 23-25, 25-19, 25-16
16) Utah def. Cal 25-19, 25-21, 25-12
19) Florida State def. Virginia Tech 25-19, 23-25, 25-15, 25-20
21) USC def. Oregon State 25-21, 24-26, 25-18, 27-25
24) Wichita State def. UConn 25-21, 25-23, 25-20