Ferd Lewis and Dayton Morinaga are reporting this new basketball tournament, which will take place during the holiday season.
* * *
• Think Greg McMackin will be asking the WAC for some “clarifications” of some of the calls in last night’s game?
• The need for, uh, clarifications was supposed to have been reduced with the combined WAC-MWC-Big 12 crews.
• Of the play in which he hurt his fingers, wideout Malcolm Lane said: “(The cornerback) was holding me. I was trying to break on the ball. I was trying to break back and make a play on it.” X-rays did not show a fracture.
• I’m too lazy to check. But when was the last time the Warriors had nearly twice as many rushes as passes?
• That was pretty gutsy of punter Tim Grasso to rush into the pile in chase of the blocked football. He said he felt like “live meat.”
• While the halftime show was splendid, a more spectacular performance was in the blog’s pregame tailgate party. Nalani Choy sang. Her opening act was Homey. If you wish to attend the next tailgate, just ask Liz Kauai, Addaknowjoe or Koakane for directions.
• Too bad the game did not allow for a situation to play Greg Alexander for a series or two. Heading into this week’s game at Boise State, it would have been nice for some of the backup quarterbacks to get more game reps.