• Cornerback Ryan Mouton was cleared to practice. He played well, even knocking down a pass.
• Wideout Jovnte Taylor is not on the tentative travel roster. And Kaleo Wong is back on the travel roster,
• Inoke Funaki, Tyler Graunke,Greg Alexander, Brent Rausch and Jake Santos all got reps today.
• Kealoha Pilares is staying put, for now, at running back.
• Aaron Kia will open at left tackle. Laupepa Letuli will play in the second and fourth quarters.
* * *
Greg McMackin said it was a player who committed a personal foul who suggested that letters of apology be written to San Jose State. McMackin said he allowed the player to write the letter. McMackin, who is as feisty as anyone, emphasized he is not a soft coach, and that his punishment was to make the offending players roll the length of the field.
* * *
One of the rites of passage for the Warrior volleyball team is the sprint up Frank Street. The three-block sprint is a difficult ascent, especially because it must be accomplished in under 2 minutes. Here’s coach Mike Wilton waiting for the first group:
While 24 of 27 Warriors completed the challenge successfully, some paid the price afterward:
Here’s second-year freshman Sam Morehouse:
Here’s prized recruit, outside hitter Gus Tuaniga: