Today is the first day of UH’s fall semester, which means the football roster is allowed to expand. None of the additions was allowed to participate in today’s two-hour practice. There’s a waiting period while they attend orientation sessions and undergo physical examinations.
From today’s practice:
• It was announced that starting Wednesday, practices will be closed to everyone but the players’ immediate family members and local media.
• The Warriors will have a closed practice Thursday at Aloha Stadium. It runs from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
• Former UH wideout Jason Rivers attended the early part of today’s practice. Rivers left to take a TB test. He will serve as student manager this season.
• Linebacker Aaron Brown still remains sidelined because of a sprained right ankle. He suffered the injured a few days before training camp and has not practiced since then. There is growing concern because Brown is a considered a “playmaker” who has several specific roles in two of the defensive packages.
• Left wideout Rodney Bradley, who underwent surgery last October to repair two leg fractures, was declared physically fit. Now, it appears, he is back to form in all aspects. He ran precise routes today, repeatedly cutting away from tight coverage to make catches. Next up: What to do about backup Darius Bright.
• Backup offensive lineman Kainoa LaCount again was working with the first unit at right tackle. Laupepa Letuli is still the starter there, but the trainers are being cautious because of his recent back spasms.