WAILUKU — It was an interesting practice although, because of the injuries and depth concerns, there were limitations on the length of the “scrimmage.”
Among the highlights:
• Cecil Doe made a leaping catch, eluded a defender and then raced the rest of the way to complete a 60-yard scoring play.
• Jeremy Higgins continued his candidacy for the quarterback’s job by completing 5 of 9 passes for 135 yards (including that TD to Doe).
• Miah Ostrowski had another good outing, with two catches for 50 yards. He caught a 19-yard TD pass from Higgins.
• It’s been a good spring for freshman center Ben Clarke, who is anchoring the offensive line, and linebacker Dylan McCagg, who intercepted a pass.
• Waylon Lolotai might be on the move again. Dustin Elisara suffered a leg injury, leaving the Warriors without a fullback. Lolotai, who has played linebacker, defensive end, offensive tackle and tight end, was used as a backfield blocker.
• Interesting that the two No. 1 tight ends — Tavita Woodard and Craig Cofer — were backup defensive ends last year. Cofer, who has been the blocking tight end, moved to F yesterday. That’s the motion guy.