Slotback Justin Clapp reportedly underwent a procedure last night to repair a collapsed lung, which was the result of a fractured rib suffered in Saturday’s game against Utah State.
On his Facebook page, UH associate athletic director Carl Clapp wrote: “He is going to spend a short time in the hospital and it may be a few weeks before he will be able to play. No one wants to be with his teammates and coaches and contribute more than Justin. He will be stronger as a result of this temporary setback and back with everyone soon.”
* * * * *
The Warriors were back on the field this morning. Of note:
• Quarterback Bryant Moniz was not at practice because of a variety of ailments. He will practice tomorrow, and start in Saturday’s game against Nevada.
• Darius Bright returned to the lineup. He was at left wideout, with Joe Avery as the No. 2.
• David Graves took reps at quarterback and left wideout.
• Brett Leonard is back … at left tackle. Matagisila Lefiti and Andrew Faaumu split reps at left guard.
• Kicker Kenton Chun said his left knee (tendinitis) is much improved, and he should make the trip.