Wahine No. 5 in sand preseason poll
appreciate the heads up on another thread. just getting online this morning.
BTW, they have not finalized the date for the annual indoor mini-tourney usually in Gym II with HPU, Chaminade, BYUH. They are trying to work around the sand schedule.
On UH’s sand schedule are Nos. 2, 3, 6, 7 and 10. They likely will run into others at the USAV challenge in Hermosa.
1. Pepperdine. 2. SC. 3. The Beach. 4. Florida State. 5 UH
6. UCLA. 7. Nebraska. 8. St. Mary’s. 9. FIU. 10. Stanford
Don’t forget about the University of Washington.
Sand has become its 22nd varsity NCAA sport.
[Vansant – Tanner] are going to TRY and squeak into the Natl’s..Vansant has one more year to go with the indoor UW team; the USA’s Jr. National team this summer will have to wait..although not beyond having both Vansant and Hartong at OH (doubt it however).
The USA is coached by another Bruin–like Reeves, too–with very strong loyalties. 😉
Colorado and Washington State in 2015 will make the “Pac10” the first conference to endorse BEACH Volleyball as a NCAA-intercollegiate-League sport.
Were they omitted from the posted rankings?
Boy, there sure is much loathing? around here
Mahalo, Cin, for this exciting info!
1. UW was not ranked. gave you the poll, which is 10 teams
wow, Hawaii ranked no. 5 in sand volleyball….how many teams are there nationally………5????
5 something like 44 DI, more at DII and JC levels. Gave you a poll with 10 teams so obviously more than 5. think the Tiegs-Cook pairing has helped with UH’s ranking.
UH Sand Volley was ranked at #5 at the start of last season as well if I remember correctly. There seems to be some great pairing this season for the Sand Bows. Ready for that first serve at Queens Beach next Friday.
I believe I read somewhere that there are over 40 collegiate Sand Volleyball teams for the 2014 season. Sand Volleyball is on the rise, that’s for sure!!
5. dont b a hater
5. There are more women’s sand teams than Division I-II men’s indoor teams. Likely to reach 100 by next season and it is expected to be an NCAA championship sport in 2016.
7. yes the current issue of Volleyball magazine talks about 0 to 40 (plus)
Any news about a Spring Exhibition Match for Wahine Indoor VB team? Anything to a rumor that team might go to japan for one?
10. no spring match. with Adolpho committed to BKB they only have one middle. Shoji said the between not knowing when Adlopho comes back plus the sand schedule there wasn’t a convenient time to bring a team out. Don’t think Japan is a possibility either.