Thurs Top 25 scores
6) Washington def. Washington State 22-25, 25-15, 25-11, 20-25, 15-4
7) Arizona State def. 14) Arizona 28-26, 12-25, 25-20, 25-21
10) BYU def. San Francisco 25-23, 17-25, 25-21, 25-22
14) Arizona lost to Arizona State 26-28, 25-12, 20-25, 21-25
19) Colorado State def. Utah State 25-14, 25-21, 25-15
23) Pacific lost to Gonzaga 18-25, 25-21, 23-25, 23-25
Excellent article on Ms. Anderson today Cindy..
She is everything you wrote on her…She has a great attitude and work ethic on and off the court.
Kudos to her parents for raising such a wonderful daughter!
Rick, you were not the only one to have senior moment. I will be looking for you on TV tonight.
From AA Dad to ball girl, and now to DS/libero on the team – Claire was born to be Wahine. Outstanding in many ways! Kudos to parents for such a great role model!
As an outstanding HS libero, she gives the team options at the libero position. In 2004, #2 ranked and highly favored Wahines (30-1) lost to #22 Wisconsin in the Final 8 match, in part, when starting libero Ashley Watanabe suffered a season ending right hand fracture just before the match. It was a very painful lost.
In the picture of the Strand twins on the sports section front page today, is Lisa Strand the one on the left ?
1. as mentioned yesterday, I will pass along your kind words to the author Jason Kaneshiro. I can only take credit for the story and photo idea.
3. yes a sad loss to Wisconsin and a bad break for Watanabe while practicing at Ft. Collins for the first two rounds. We were on the road a long time that season starting with the WAC tournament in Nevada, then to Utah and Utah State over Thanksgiving, to Colorado State for the first two rounds then up to Green Bay. Hawaii had a swing to end it the fifth, didn’t. They would have faced Stanford the next round.
4. Lisa is on the left.
new thread up for Friday