Sand, indoor updates & changes, SC loses again
Sand team leaving for Chula Vista. Six pairs going, They’ll be back Sunday night
they haven’t updated the 2015 stats yet but on the trip are the pairs from last weekend
Tiegs-Taylor, Urban-Spieler, Tucker-Schreiber, Brown-Rooks, Chow-Boyan, Zalopany-Schucht
Busy week for both teams. Sand back for dual Wednesday with SC, have Queen of the Beach Challenge Friday at Queen’s and moves to Ching Saturday to avoid the conflict with the Sand Volleyball Festival Saturday and Sunday
UH also has duals at Ching Sunday with Nebraska and Cal.
As for the indoor, they begin official spring practice Monday. Texas match Thursday, 7 p.m. Someone asked about tickets. All general admission except for the reserved court seating: $15 for adults, $8 for seniors, $5 for students.
The indoor players who are playing sand will be strictly training for indoor next week except for Taylor. They’re still discussing how much she’ll be used next week. Was told the priority is indoor sooo …
And in case you missed Wednesday’s nonconference USC loses at home to Penn State 3-0 (corrected for original post. The Trojans’ fifth in six matches.
Watching USC sand team now. I think it will be a great match wednesday and it will be on ocsports?
1. supposed to be televised. First time at the new facility. not sure how they’re going to use cameras. no shade yet over the bleachers. There will be some glare as the sun starts to set.
Looking forward to watching the Sandbows this weekend at the Olympic Training Center. The Tuyay Ohana will continue its tradition of hosting a “special” lunch for the girls . . . . . . The Double-Double Combo from In-N-Out Burger. Hope to catch up with Coach Danny over dinner at Phil’s Bar-B-Que, another one of San Diego’s Fine Eatery. It may not be Side Street Grill but there is nothing like it in the Islands. I know Coach Jeff will be catching up with some of his San Diego Beach Bros. this weekend. You’re still a So. Cali – Diego Girl in our hearts.
Wow…how is sc losing so often now? Did some of their starters get injured? What’s the difference between when they were ranked two and now
USC lost to Penn State 3-0.
4. personally I think USC was over achieving earlier in the season. I think their left side hitters aren’t that great.
Anybody know what happened to Karlee Riggs? I thought she was a great player for the beach bows.
2. thanks for info.
you mentioned before that CBS sports would air UH sand tournament with St Marys, UCLA and Long Beach, but wondering if that will be live? Or tape delayed.
3. glad to hear that, Jim and ohana. Maybe Bill Walton will show up. He’s done a lot for San Diego beach volleyball. And thanks. Will always be a Point Loma menina.
5. Thanks Alan. I typed in the wrong number. And SC struggled with Lindenwood Thursday. 25-27, 25-12, 26-24, 25-15.
4. SC was hit by the flu bug a few weeks ago. Don’t know what’s going on now.
8. sorry, don’t know if it will be live. Tend to doubt it since they don’t do the nationals live.
7. she left and is back home in California. She’s coaching at Ohana Volleyball Club in Fountain Valley and is the assistant sand coach at Orange Coast College, where she played indoor. The Pirates just added sand volleyball this year.
Friday thread up.