Hawaii stays at No. 11 in poll
Loyola-Chicago and UCLA swap places at 1-2, Ramblers with 11 votes, Bruins with 5
3-6 the same: Pepperdine (2 votes) BYU, SC, Beach,
UCSB and Stanford swap at 7-8
9-10 the same UCI and Lewis
Cindy, I can’t stand this guy. He goes by so many different names all over the place,on VT too.
hard to tell since people make up emails. only way for me to see if they’re the same person is to monitor IP addresses and not going to do that. As I’ve said, I do wish we would require email registration for the blogs.
“IP addresses”..ONLY when it comes to me (as I’ve said).
1) Why is no one in the stands at Sochi, Russia? Are event tickets too expensive for Slovaks to afford or are they waiting for the closing ceremonies again to fill the bleachers?
2) Why can’t UH be ranked above UCI–who’s having a terrible year td–OR even Lewis for that matter? I don’t believe that Lewis is the second rated team in the MIVA this year but we’ll hve to see.
3) Why doesn’t Cindy have anything to say about beach volleyball? With less than a month to play, the Ching stadium will not be ready–so Waikiki it’ll have to be. The OIA FB merger may mean realignment of GSVB too? The HHSAA can’t/could expect the KIF to also be GSVB participants?? About the only one’s on Maui (outta the MIL) who could afford to fund GSVB are the private schools there. The public schools wouldn’t be able to make trips to Oahu (i’d think).
The irony of it all..IF Maui/HHSAA affords only its affluent the “right” to play HS Girls Sand Volleyball is that nationally, the sport is pushed as a most inexpensive add to SIDs ADs and admin the like. The AVCA wants everyone playing SVB.
& truly it is cheap–ESPECIALLY IN HAWAII–where beaches are-a-plenty. Anyone can play beach volleyball free of charge in Hawai’i nei.
Californians all have to pay at least $10.00 to access their coastline there.
5. I will have something on sand volleyball when it gets closer to the season start (March 7). Yes, Ching won’t be ready. there’s been an issue with sand quality. Queen’s is scheduled as the home court, as on the schedule.
6. as for beaches in hawaii. Not many can be used for sand tournaments that require at least 4 courts. Limited pretty much to Queen’s, Fort DeRussy, Waimea. tournaments require a permit so not totally free.
as for California, not true. Beach parking lot fees varies. Still plenty of free parking if you can find it.
2. As for the rankings, it’s 18 coaches voting. Points fall where they fall. Agree Lewis at 10 questionable. still high based on a win over BYU first week of the season in Romeoville. If the coaches really looked at the MPSF standings, think it would be different. Their losses are to UCI (first match), Stanford (second week) and No. 1 Loyola last week. otherwise they’ve beaten up on the likes of Sacred Heart, Missouri Baptist and McKendree.
Don’t know if the Volleyball Mag poll is better. Just 10 people voting but I think they are paying more attention. I. Loyola. 2. UCLA. 3. Pepperdine. 4. BYU. 5. Long Beach State. 6. USC. 7. Stanford. 8. UC Santa Barbara. 9. Hawaii. 10. Penn State.
Those are the same 10 that I voted for. I had Hawaii at 7, above USC, Stanford and Penn State.
I think that Hawaii (both MVB and SVB) has a good chance at making the playoffs this season.
Somebody asked about Sand VB player Delgado at some point..Anybody?
How many on the UH Sand Roster are former setters? Any body?
The UH SVB team schedule has within the last two days grown rather robust.
Someone may want to let UH know that 9am (6am HST) comes before 12noon (9am HST) in the matchup with UCLA *on March 27th*.
How fun is that going to be for all involved. Hawaii and UCLA–Marin County…by ferry out of San Fran?
The Big West Challange:
UH, Cal Poly, CSUN, Long Beach State, and UC Irvine(?)
..The PAC-12 is trying for its build-up too; they’re nearly complete also.