Hawaii 3, CSUN 1
Match at 5 p.m. Sunday
Game-tracker. they forgot to up radio link. espn1420am.com
Saturday Long Beach lost at BYU in 4
Sunday besides Hawaii-CSUN, USC is at UCLA.
The Beach 5-6
Stanford and CSUN 3-7
Cal Baptist 1-12
Cindy is the game on tv today. Because the basketball game is on.
sorry, game not on TV. Thought it was.
it is on radio. 1420-AM espn1420am.com
CSUN up 7-4. They’ve switched setters, going with their senior Magorien, who sat out Friday with back issues.
pretty ugly start for UH. CSUN up 15-8 at the TTO Hitting 10-0-12
UH switching setters with Jones in, the former CSUN setter.
Mol in for Hartley, CSUN up 19-10
Hawaii has chipped away to 19-13. TO CSUN
Zarkovic in for Fey.
Sedore 8-0-11. Averill with a kill, UH has closed to 21-17. TO CSUN
Sedore is pulling a KARSTA LOWE with 10 kills.
Sedore is keeping Hawaii in the match.
Hawaii has come back to tie at 23. CSUN has first set point at 24-23. TO UH Sedore 10-0-13
Averill with a hitting error. CSUN wins 25-23
The other transfer from CSUN in briefly Wellenreiter. a 6-8 junior middle. the delay is because of his number. roster has him at No. 17 but he is wearing No. 15. could be a violation. Wellenreiter back out Holt back in
Zarkovic with a solo, UH’s first block. Warriors up 15-13
Sedore 13-1-22, gives UH a 17-14 lead. TO CSUN
Ace by Fey makes it 21-17. TO CSUN
In Los Angeles, UCLA takes Set 1 over USC
CSUN has closed to 22-19. TO UH
UH with its second block ends it 25-20
Kill by Sam Holt ties it at 2-2. But Holt has injured his ankle when he came down on the 3-meter attack. Holt is the L1. CSUN is down to 1 setter. apparently a bit of food poisoning hit the team. A little confusion on the CSUN side now. UH up 3-2
is jennings hurt? … or just having an off night?
Averill 10 kills hitting .818. HE IS ON FIRE
UH pulling away at 10-5. TO CSUN
21. Franciskovic struggled in Set 1. Was pulled. As was Hartley
UH up 15-7 at the TTO
Of interest, UCLA up on USC 2-0 25-15, 25-23.
21. Mol came in for Hartley, Zarkovic came in for Fey. all the changes seemed to spark UH late in Set 1.
Fey back in and Zarkovic replaces Mol in Set 2
Sedore 20-2-34, Averill 11-1-12. UH up 20-11
Holt ends it 25-17
Feel good for Jones coming in and playing well. Fey has got to step it up if he’s gonna remain starting.
I have admired Coach Wade for his creativity. Now I know that he can make the hard choices.
Hawaii up 15-12 at the TTO.
29. Fey will play because he’s one of the better passers on the team.
SC wins Set 3 vs. UCLA 25-22. Bruins lead 2-1
Averill hasn’t made an error since the first set and ALL his attempts have been kills. He’s hitting .882 with 16 kills. If those aren’t POW numbers, I don’t know what id
Spoke too soon, but still hitting an amazing .737
Averill had a not so great first game, that won’t get him player of the week.
UH’s leftsides are not getting it done ugh, try Hartley wade!!
Not sure why but Wade put Franciskovic back in. CSUN has rallied to tie at 21
Cindy, was the live stats wrong. It had it at 22-20, now 21-21 was there an overturned call, or were the live stats incorrect
Hartley in for Zarkovic. You have to remember that the men only have 6 subs.
Live stats corrected, probably someone typed in the wrong play and it gave CSUN a point. UH now up 23-21. TO CSUN
Zarkovic ends it 25-22
Besides the GOD AWFUL play in the first set, UH played MUCH MUCH better tonight it seems. Averill and SEDORE were on fire and SIKI came in off an injury
41. well it also helped that CSUN had to figure out things after being hit with flu/food poisoning and Sam Holt going out. I also think Jones coming needed to get into game mode. He hasn’t played all that much. and hard to set Zarkovic because you weren’t quite sure how high he could jump.
UCLA up 24-21 on Set 4. Christenson not playing for SC
Bruins win in 4 25-22. helps Hawaii as SC drops to 8-4.
UH tied with Pepperdine for third at 8-2
Taylor and Brook much better than friday. Not sure what was going on with the left side hitters, they were all awful ( siki is understtandable just coming back from injury) but Hartley had by far his worst match since he has started and Fey hasn’t hit above .250 since the first USC match.
And yet they managed to win and are tied for third.
I was at the match tonight and I like the way Jones set tonight but his whining about certain calls is not helpful. I’m glad Siki put him in his place.
Also why at this point of the season hasn’t the men’s roster been updated yet.
47. not updated how? if you’re referring to Wellenreiter, who just got cleared roster is updated with him on it.
47. as for Jones’ whining, he did transfer from CSUN and they are notorious whiners. I’d give him some slack since he was playing against his old team. But I think he had some legit gripes about some non-calls.
MPSF standings as of 2-22
W L Pct. GB All
BYU 10 2 .933 — 11-3
UC Irvine 9 2 .818 1/2 14-3
Pepperdine 8 2 .800 1 12-2
Hawaii 8 2 .800 1 11-3
USC 8 4 .667 2 9-4
UCSB 6 5 .545 3 1/2 10-5
Long Beach St. 5 6 .455 4 1/2 8-6
UCLA 4 5 .444 4 1/2 8-5
Stanford 3 7 .300 6 5-10
CSUN 3 8 .2726 12 5-10
Cal Baptist 1 12 .077 9 1/2 3-13
UCSD 0 10 .000 9 1-13
Hawaii def. CSUN, 23-25, 25-20, 25-17, 25-22
UCLA def. USC, 25-15, 25-23, 25-17, 25-22
45. about those left-sides early. There was a reason that Franciskovic got pulled. It was his set location. And some of those sets were going to Fey and Hartley.
32. My guess is that POW goes to UCLA setter Hagen Smith. Set the Bruins to the big win over SC (granted SC had been hit with the flu and Christensen didn’t play).
Sinjin’s son (or Singin as he spelled it in his early playing days) had 11 block assists.
Not sure why you are blocking my comments.
51. Is that your opinion about Franciskovic or did Charlie Wade tell you that? I heard something very different about the whole situation.
And regarding Hagen, he may have had 11blocks, but his setting numbers and other stats were very poor. 37assists (4sets) with a .324 efficiency, no kills, no aces. His team hit 200. It was an ugly match. Recognizing him would be just because of who his dad is. A more likely candidate from UCLA will be Arnitz. However, Brook really deserves it this week, but someone from BYU will probably get it.
48. Wellenreiter wasn’t listed on the official roster when they tried to sub him in during the 2nd set. He had to be pulled out precisely because he was not on the official roster.
48. my understanding is it was because he was listed with another number on the official roster.than the uniform he was wearing. He is No. 17 on the roster but he had No. 15 on.
New thread up. Hawaii at No. 6
52. not blocking your comments. but I did find this one in a spam filter for whatever reason. So released it.
Wade did not say anything to me about why he pulled his setter. Just trying to share some of the responsibility when it comes to hitting. Not all errors are on the hitters.
was just putting out a guess since others were thinking it could be Sedore or Averill. I would vote for Kanetake.